Today I am reviewing the last of the Troiareuke ACSEN line product that I own and it is the Troiareuke ACSEN Selemix Serum. This serum is formulated to treat acne and heal damaged skin. The serum Claims to ( as mentioned on Kbeautyike website):
- Control pores and sebum.
- Has Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant and Anti-Bacterial effects.
- Very effective in sensitive skin to remove redness.
- Skin, cell protection from UV and radiation.
- Super moisturizing and fast penetration.
- Restore skin barriers.
Doesn’t it sound like a magical product? Want to know how exactly it worked on my skin? Read along till the end!
Troiareuke ACSEN Selemix Serum is suitable for all skin types, and this product targets acne-prone and sensitive skin.
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
The serum is packed with many unique and potent botanical extracts. The key ingredients are:
- The unique ingredient “Selemix-An” is used in its solution, which is formed by the amalgam of
- the “Fermented Bean Extract“ which helps in skin recovery and protects it from environmental stressors, while
- the “Magnolia bark extract” fights the acne-causing bacteria.
- The clove flower Extract has an anti-inflammatory effect and recovers damaged skin.
- Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract again has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract calms skin and keeps it moisturised.
- Salicylic acid is an exfoliating ingredient that cleans out pore and reduces excessive serum.
How to use:
Use Troiareuke ACSEN Selemix Serum after using a Toner and preferably by directly pouring some on your face! This serum can safely be used daily and for day & Night Routine. Once your skin is all healed from acne, you may use it 1-3 times a week just for maintenance purposes.
Troiareuke ACSEN Selemix Serum (40 ml) comes in a sleek airless pump plastic bottle (not sure if the 100 ml bottle is also the same). This ensures that the formula stays uncontaminated and fresh for long.
Expiry: Use within 6 months after opening.
Quantity: Available in 40 ml and 100 ml Quantity. I have reviewed the 40 ml quantity.
Price: I bought the 40 ml size for an amount of $47 (Original Amount is $62) from the website beautynetkorea.com (now Troiareuke products are not available on this website). You can find the 40 ml quantity on the following websites:
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance / Absorbability:
Troiareuke ACSEN Selemix Serum has a viscous gel-like consistency, which sinks into the skin easily without any stickiness. The serum does have a herbal-Rosemary-like fragrance which fades away after the application.
Troiareuke ACSEN Selemix Serum has been more like a fail on my skin, at least I am happy with the fact that it didn’t irritate my skin and was able to finish the product fully. From all the good reviews on it, my amazing experience with all the ACSEN line products, the claims it makes, the unique ingredients used in it and lets the forget the amount I paid, I was expecting some mind-blowing results. Oh man but I really didn’t see it wowing me. Anyways, the product is empty now and I have finally accepted the bitter reality.
- The serum does have a good concentration of Salicylic acid, yet it didn’t irritate or dry out my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin, as my skin is sensitive to BHAs.
- The serum is hydrating in nature.
- It does help in reducing the redness on the skin.
- I didn’t see the serum working on any kind of acne or pimple on my face.
- From my personal experience with it, I find it way too costly. I would rather buy the Troiareuke Recovery Cream from the same line which has shown amazing results on my skin and is always a saviour during bad skin days.
Do I recommend it? Not really unless you are comfortable to splurge this amount.
Will I repurchase? Nope!