Rovectin LHA Blemish Ampoule is one of the best sellers from the brand Rovectin. It’s famous because it’s among the list of rare skincare products that use LHA in it. Lipo Hydroxy Acid (LHA) is nothing but a derivative of Salicylic Acid. To put in simple words, LHA is the gentlest form of BHA.
I have sensitive as well as acne-prone skin and my skin is not a big fan of BHA products. To know how this product worked on my skin, read along till the end.
Rovectin LHA Blemish Ampoule is suitable for all skin types and is specially made for sensitive-acne prone skin that’s reactive towards another form of BHA like Salicylic acid and Willow bark Extract.
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
Rovectin LHA Blemish Ampoule contains some gentle yet effective ingredients, few notable ones are:
- Bitter Orange Flower Water – Calms skin & reduces redness.
- Niacinamide – Skin brightening and calming.
- Glutathione – This is basically an antioxidant, that helps fight free radical damage and boost skin brightness. Lately, this ingredient is under a lot of bashing, mainly because of fear, half-information, misuse, and wrong marketing. Glutathione, when used in skincare, is no way harmful to humans and this being an antioxidant mainly helps in skin brightening & fade surface red acne scars. This in fact is not potent enough to change the skin colour. Also, do not misuse glutathione by ingesting or injecting without consulting a doctor.
- Capryloyl salicylic acid – This is a Lipo Hydroxy Acid (LHA). It exfoliates skin, reduces excessive sebum and helps clean pores.
- 5 types of Hyaluronic Acid – Reduces dehydration in skin, reduces fine lines and plumps skin.
Click here for COSDNA Analysis of each ingredient.
How to use:
Rovectin LHA Blemish Ampoule is a very gentle (x10 times) exfoliator so it can be used daily and I would recommend to use it in Nighttime and you can be used in 3 different ways:
- For Oily skin – At serum step
- Dry & Sensitive Skin – Mix 1-2 drops in cream and then use it.
- All Skin types – Can be used as a spot treatment on active acne, at the last step of skincare routine at night (SOS).
- Can this be used with other actives? Avoid with “AHA, other BHA, scrubs, Retinol and pure Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) ”.
- Do Wear sunscreen in Daytime.
Rovectin LHA Blemish Ampoule comes in a tiny dark green glass bottle with a glass dropper. The product also comes along with a set of cute stickers to decorate the bottle or anything that you wish to 🙂
Expiry: 12 months after opening
Quantity: 15 ml.
Price: In India, it is available at Skinbae.in for the price of Rs.1499. You can get it at a 10% off with my discount code – SHELLEY – on their website*
You can also find the product on the following websites:
- Yesstyle – Use code – NAYAK23 – for a discount
- Daisyskinfix (India only) – Use Code – SHELLEY10 – for a discount
- Amazon (India)
(* The product was sent as a PR to share my unbiased opinion on it).
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance / Absorbability:
Rovectin LHA Blemish Ampoule has a viscous gel-like texture that sinks in very fast without any stickiness. The product is 100% fragrance-free.
I have dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin and my skin doesn’t really have that good relationship with BHA, its more like a hit-miss. This is the reason why I was dying to test the Rovectin LHA Blemish Ampoule.
I overall liked it and before this ampoule as I couldn’t use any BHA product directly on my face. I have tried some BHA directly, they always stung my skin badly, dehydrated my skin, and at worst I actually used to break out a lot. My most preferred way of using it is by mixing in a cream or as a spot treatment. After testing products for almost a month, below I have shared my opinion:
- Helps in reducing the redness on the skin.
- Made my skin smooth and bright within a week of usage.
- Did calm down my small-medium size acne (pustules, inflamed whiteheads, and zits).
- Low pH Product (around 5.5-6, as per the description on Rovectin website)
- Gentle enough for daily usage.
- Essential oil Free.
- Consistent full-face usage did make my already very dry skin further dry.
- For the price, you are getting less quantity. If you are using it daily as a full-face product, be prepared to see it empty in maybe in just 2 weeks or before.
Do I recommend it? Yes, to all the Oily and Combination skin, that’s particularly not happy with conventional BHA products.
Will I repurchase? Maybe Not, cause for my dry skin I found it bit drying.
I am not a dermatologist or a licensed aesthetician, but I do have sufficient experience and knowledge which I gained by testing multiple products and by self-exploration, based on that, I am sharing the information here and what works for me may not work the same way your skin.
Some of the links used in this post are my affiliate links, using them is completely optional, but if you do, it will help me grow!
Thank you for your constant support and Love!