Hello My Gems, it’s been so long time since I last posted on my blog, I guess it’s been 6 months…wow! That’s really long! Anyways, for today’s post, I will be reviewing the Purito Centella Unscented Toner, I have used it for late winter and early summer and I’m all ready to share my thoughts on it.
( Disclaimer – This Toner was sent as a PR by beautybarn.in to share my honest review after testing it for a good time )
Not many toners have such simple, clean yet effective formulation. Purito Centella Unscented Toner made to calm, hydrate & balance skin water-oil ratio.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: My favorite ingredient to soothe, calm & heal the skin. One cannot go wrong with this.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Humectant, so it will help in keeping skin soft and well hydrated.
- Witch Hazel: Now this ingredient can be hit & miss for many. Here is why, Witch hazel helps in keeping pores clean, reduce sebum in the skin, tighten pores, and calms acne, which is perfect for Oily & Combination skin…. But can be irritating or drying on sensitive or dry skin respectively. Also, it’s worth noting that if the formula is well made and your skin is not pesky about witch hazel you shouldn’t be worrying about it.
- Madecassoside: Centella Asiatica derivative that calm skin, heals skin & boosts collagen.
- Asiaticoside: Another Centella derivative that heals skin, improves skin barrier, boost elasticity in skin and of course calm skin.
- Asiatic acid: Centella Asiatica derivative that calms skin and has anti-aging benefit for skin.
- Madecassic acid: Centella Asiatica derivative that calms skin, heals skin & helps in fading Red-Pink Acne spots through skin regeneration.
- Panthenol: Calms skin
How to use:
Purito Centella Unscented Toner is ideal for daily usage, for both AM & PM Skincare Routine. It also goes well with Chemical Exfoliators, in fact, if used along with AHA & BHA in a routine; it will help in counteracting the plausible redness & irritation caused by Chemical Exfoliant.
This Purito Toner can be used in many ways:
- First, like your regular toner to balance your skin ph and prep your skin for the skincare routine. If you have oily and combination skin, use it on a cotton puff and for normal and dry skin types use it as a pat on toner.
- This toner is ideal for the 7 skin method unless your skin is sensitive to witch hazel or any of the ingredients used in it. Otherwise, I highly recommend it for optimum hydration.
- Can be used for drenching Sheet mask Capsules or for layer-able cotton pads.
- Use it as a mist throughout the day.
Purito Centella Unscented Toner comes in a sleek cylindrical transparent bottle with a roll-on cap. The original Centella Toner from Purito comes in a dark green bottle.
Expiry: Use within 12 months after opening.
Quantity: Comes in a 200 ml quantity.
Price: Available for Rs.1650, just a little bit higher than original toner. You can buy this from following website:
- beautybarn.in (for Indian buyers)
- yesstyle (for global buyers)^ – use code – NAYAK23 – to get additional discount on this website.
( Disclaimer – The link^ included is the affiliate link, you don’t have to use this link to purchase the products but if you do, I will earn a fraction of the commission from the sale made, which will eventually help in growing my blog. Thank you)
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance :
Purito Centella Unscented Toner has a watery lightweight consistency with a very slight slip to it. It absorbs quickly into the skin without any stickiness, and it is free from both natural & added fragrances.
|I did pour a lot considering the size of my hand & as you can see after patting in the toner; it got absorbed completely without any residue or stickiness.|
|The Purito Centella unscented toner has a low ph of 5~5.5, making it safe for sensitive skin or skin that compromised the skin barrier.|
Purito Centella Unscented Toner is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive & acne-prone skin.
- Oily Skin: Best friend for all season.
- Normal, Dry & Combination Skin: All season except for peak dry winter.
Purito Centella Unscented Toner is a brilliant toner. It soothes heated-up skin (I literally felt that cooling sensation when I used it up on heated skin in 3-4 layers) and also reduced the redness. Also, I prefer & love it over the Original version.
This is a very clean, sensitive skin-friendly, and fuzz-free toner. This particular version will help in maintaining a good oil-water ratio in the skin. In case you have sensitivity to Witch Hazel, please try the witch hazel free version from the same line.
I particularly feel that this version of Purito is going to be beneficial for Oily skin with sensitivity issues, which is in a need of an all-rounder toner, so oily skin people definitely get it in your next skincare Haul. Rest Skin types do get it for the summer season.
- Didn’t irritate my skin. Thank you Purito for the EOS-free version.
- Helped in reducing the redness, reduced hiked skin temperature and general irritation on skin.
- Ideal for 7 skin method.
- It Lightweight & doesn’t feel sticky on my dry, sensitive & acne-prone skin even after layering it 7 times.
- the toner is 100% fragrance free.
- It is 100% essential oil free.
- 100% alcohol free.
- Low ph toner so will help in maintain the healthy skin barrier (ph : 5~5.5)
- 100% fungal acne safe, it doesn’t have any ingredient that would trigger fungal acne.
- Paraben free
- Cruelty Free.
- Minimal Ingredient and clean formulation.
- Suitable for sensitive & acne-prone skin.
- Hmm…. Now, this is not a con but more like what you shouldn’t be expecting. This toner is not magically going to get rid of the acne on the skin but will help in reducing the inflammation that comes along with the acne.
- Also, if you have severe dehydration in the skin, that is, inner skin dryness, this is not the best option for that and again this isn’t a surprise as 99% of the skin-calming toner in the market are lightweight and are not made to treat severely dehydrated skin.
Another Toner that I have been absolutely loving to calm my skin is Innisfree Bija Cica Skin (Click to read the review)