In my last post, I reviewed the Purito Centella unscented Toner and for today review post, I have the moisturizer from the same range, the Purito Centella unscented recovery cream. Formulation-wise and claim-wise, this cream looks really interesting, so read along to know my thoughts on it.
(Disclaimer – This moisturizer was sent as a PR by beautybarn.in to share my honest review after testing it for a good time)
Purito Centella unscented recovery cream has all skin calming and barrier repairing ingredients:
- Centella Asiatica Extract(50%): So far highest within all the Purito Centella products. My favourite ingredient to soothe, calm & heal skin and one really cannot go wrong with this.
- Niacinamide (2%): Helps in reducing sebum in the skin, reduces redness and also reduces breakouts. 2% strength is well tolerated by all skin types.
- Macadamia Seed Oil, Squalane, Shea Butter Extract & Argan Nut Oil: Fatty acid source and keep skin moisturized.
- Ceramide NP: Much needed for repairing skin barrier along with various fatty acids.
- Witch Hazel: Now this ingredient can be hit & miss for many. Here is why, Witch hazel helps in keeping pores clean, reduce sebum in the skin, tighten pores, and calms acne, which is perfect for Oily & Combination skin, but can be irritating or drying on sensitive or dry skin respectively. Also, it’s worth noting that if the formula is well made and your skin is not pesky about witch hazel you shouldn’t be worrying about it.
- Mushroom Extract: Calm skin & help in reducing breakouts.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Humectant, so it will help in keeping skin soft and well hydrated.
- Asiaticoside: Centella derivative which heals skin, improves skin barrier, boosts elasticity in the skin, and of course, calms skin.
- Asiatic acid: Centella Asiatica derivative that calms skin and has anti-ageing benefits for the skin.
- Tocopherol: Vitamin E derivative helps in fighting free radical damage.
- Madecassic acid: Centella Asiatica derivative that calms skin, heals skin & helps in fading Red-Pink Acne spots through skin regeneration.
How to use:
Purito Centella unscented Recovery cream can be used daily, day & night. Just apply it after cleanser, toner, and serum. On part of the face where you have excessive dryness, redness or breakout, apply another thick layer.
Purito Centella unscented Recovery cream comes in simple tube packaging with a roll-on cap.
Expiry: Use within 12 months of opening.
Quantity: Comes in 50 ml.
(Disclaimer – The link^ included is the affiliate link and you don’t have to use this link to purchase the products but if you do, I will earn a fraction of the commission from the sale made, which will eventually help in growing my blog. Thank you).
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance :
Purito Centella unscented Recovery cream has quite a rich texture and is 100% fragrance-free. On application, it sinks in well leaving skin soft and moisturized.
|I love how calming, moisturizing & comfortable it feels on my dry, sensitive & acne-prone skin.|
|Has a ph of 6 ~ 6.5, weakly acidic, so it is safe to use on compromised skin barriers.|
Purito Centella Unscented Recovery Cream is best suited for Sensitive skin that often deals with irritation & some skin barrier issue:
- Oily Skin: May use it in the Northern dry winter season only.
- Combination skin: Dry Summer and winter.
- Normal & Dry Skin: All year-round.
Purito Centella unscented Recovery cream is my favourite of all of their moisturizer. I prefer & love it over the Original Version. This Essential oil version is sufficiently moisturizing for my dry, sensitive & acne-prone skin.
- Within the Brand Purito, it has the highest concentration of Centella Asiatica Extract (50%).
- It helps in reducing the inflammation that comes along with acne.
- I find it sufficiently moisturizing for my dry skin.
- 100% fragrance-free.
- The cream is 100% essential oil-free.
- It is Cruelty-Free.
- Vegan friendly.
- Clean Beauty Product.
- Helped in fading superficial red acne marks, not sure how far it’s going to be effective on deep PIE, but works on light ones.
- Not that effective on severe acne.
- Not fungal acne safe.
|It is to be noted that Fatty acids are amazing for the skin and are much needed for repairing the damaged skin barriers but if you have severe fungal acne issues, stay away from ingredients like carrier oils.|
RATING – 4.5/5