Today I am bringing the review on one of the new launch from Klairs in the year 2017, and this product is their first anti-aging Product, and it is the Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop! As we age, our skin starts dehydrating from inside, loses it elasticity and looks very dull!! The main reason is a Loss of Collagen from Skin and the self replenishment rate of skin starts reducing slowly with time!! I am not saying that this will make your skin look like that of a 10 yrs old child ( LOL ) but it promises to bring out the best of your skin, no matter what your age is and what type of Skin you have!! Most importantly, it will help in slowing down the degradation rate of your skin!!
Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop is suitable for all skin type.
Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop is particularly formulated to tackle the issues that aid in skin aging, also while working on newly formed fine lines and old wrinkles. It claims:
- To reduce newly formed fine line (Due to presence of EGF – sh-Oligopeptide- 1, this is found is many product, but do not form the primary active Ingredient, but in case of Klairs Blue Drop this is the core ingredient).
- To reduce old deep wrinkles (Due to presence of bFGF – sh-Polypeptide- 1, again a core ingredient).
- Improve skin surface by controlling free radical (due to Blueberry Extract, this is rich in antioxidants).
- Anti-inflammatory and soothing Effect (Due to Guaiazulene – this also gives blue Colour to solution).
- Smoothens Skin (Due Adenosine).
- Hydrate Skin from within (Due to Sorbitan Sesquioleate and Ethylhexylglycerin). But remind you this is not a moisturizer.
- Improve Under Eyes issues, such as fine lines (of course) and reduce dark circle that are formed due to thinning of skin and lost elasticity.
God!! 😒 This is a lot to expect from such a small bottle!! So, did it work? Read on to find out!! 😇
Not Suitable for:
Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop is 100% safe! Still I would recommend to check the ingredients list, in case a person is allergic to any of the ingredient.
Note: This is not a product for teenagers. Use it only once you are 20+ years of age. The most appropriate age would be 25 years.
|sh-Oligopeptide- 1, sh-Polypeptide- 1, Butylene Glycol, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Chlorphenesin, Guaiazulene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine|
I have highlighted the ingredients which are proven to be most effective in skin improvement. These ingredients work together in controlling dehydration from within (Dehydrated skin start degrading soon), soothes skin (Irritated skin starts developing spots, and look dull and aged) and work on fine lines and wrinkles.
As per the Cosdna Analysis, Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop is free from Acne triggering or skin Irritating Ingredients. Still one should always check the Ingredients list carefully. You may never know, that you might be the unfortunate one to be allergic to most versatile and safe ingredients. 😑
(Yeah!! I am 😒 to Salicylic Acid in any form, in any strength, my skin goes haywire, learned this in a tough way, after testing out quite a lot of products. So, watch out!! Usually salicylic Acid is not good for Dry and Sensitive Skin, Please note this, Use salicylic Acid Product, if you happen to have Dry and sensitive Skin, only if recommended by Dermatologist!! )
How to use:
Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop should always be used at the first step after cleansing, during Night time. Below are the different steps at which it is best to use Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop:
- Cleansing > Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop > Pat on Toner/ First Essence. > Rest of your skincare Routine.
- Cleansing > Wipe off Toner (One which is used after dispensing on cotton and swiping on the face) > Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop > Rest of your Skincare Routine.
- Cleansing > Exfoliation > Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop > Essence (If Any) > Sheet Mask > Rest of your Skincare Routine.
The Key is to add it directly on your clean dry skin, as the usage of any oil based product before this, can hinder with its functioning.
Packaging & Dispenser:
Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop, comes a very small glass Bottle (Trust me, this is the smallest skincare product I have seen, yet extremely powerful but safe at a time, what have they created!! 😵 Sorry!! I went little off the point!!).
The product is to be dispensed using the glass dropper provided! Here is the most important Note: 👇
Please dispense the product directly from the dropper onto your face and pat it immediately!! Don’t ever drop it onto your palm and then try to use it, as you will only be wasting the Product!! Why? Keep on reading!! 😋
Expiry Period: Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop has an after opening Expiry period of 12 months.
Quantity: Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop comes in only 20 ml quantity. Don’t get worried with the described quantity!! I have been using it for past 1 month daily, in sufficient quantity and I am not even done with the half of the bottle!!
Price: I bought mine from Wishtrend for amount of $30.
( The purchase option links included in the post, are my affiliate links, and can help me earn some commission. You don’t have to use the above mentioned links, but if you do, this will help out my Blog!! Thank You!! 👍🙏)
If you happen to stay in India, you can purchase the same from Beauty Barn India!!
Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop has the most watery like consistency. Moment it touches the skin, it literally sinks in!! It is not volatile, to just get vanished, but literally sinks into the skin!! You can look into the picture below, I have wasted quite a lot just to catch it on the camera!! It has the highest absorbability rate!!
It is mostly Fragrance free, but has a very faint scent similar to that of Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream, after all they are from same line!!
Do I recommend it? Yes!! Yes!! To all the ladies and gentlemen who are about to hit 25!!
Will I repurchase? Yes!! Definitely!! There is no replacement for this!!
So, based on my usage of 1 month, below are my final thoughts!!
- Reduced newly formed fine line- Yes!! Like everyone was saying that they saw results in 1 week, I started seeing results only after 3 weeks. It seems I have really stubborn Skin!!
- Reduced old deep wrinkles- I don’t have any!! So can’t say!!
- Provided Anti-inflammatory and soothing Effect- Yes!! Entire Blue Line provides this.
- Smoothened Skin- Yeah!! It did!!
- Hydrated Skin from within- Maybe a little, but I really don’t expect this from such a watery thing!
- Improved under Eyes issues, such as fine lines (of course) and reduce dark circle that are formed due to thinning of skin and lost elasticity – Oh Yeah!! I decided to write only after I started seeing result particularly in this zone of my face!!
I can actually feel the firmness in my Skin and the overall texture has improved a lot!! I am sure that it is this Product!!
Trust me this is a fantastic Product! I am so thankful to Klairs for launching this!! My Skin has a lot of scope for improvement, specially the undereye area! But still I was happy to see results achieved from 1 month of usage and I am gonna keep using this unless I stop seeing the improvement!! I am planning to stick to this for at least a Year!! I know that’s a long time to commit, just after using a product for a month!! But trust me, Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop adjusts to any skincare routine seamlessly!!
I am in love with Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop!! Last time I was this excited, was on using the Heimish All lean Balm!!
Damn!! I wrote a lot!! Seriously??? 😵
Also, please do take an interesting survey linked below or find it in the right corner of the page. The survey is just to know how much you are interested in K-Beauty! 😀