Freshly juiced Vitamin C serum is one of the best ways to brighten up skin tone and fade acne scars! Since Ascorbic Acid aka pure Vitamin C is one of the AHA, it also results in exfoliation! This increases the chance of skin sensitivity. So, it’s always best to start using vitamin c serum slowly at a low percentage! To do this, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is the best choice. It’s stable and very mild! Then slowly, you can move on to another higher percentage of vitamin c serum! 💃
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is suitable for all skin types and might not be suitable to anyone allergic to the ingredients used in it.
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop contains pure 5% Vitamin C and many botanical extracts. It also contains my all-time favorite Centella Asiatica, that aids in skin-soothing. As from Cosdna Analysis, it is absolutely free from skin irritants.
How to use:
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is very mild and can fit into any skincare routine very easily. Still, I would like to point out a few things (based on my experience and information gathered) that can prevent skin irritation and is the safest way to use Pure Vitamin C serum.
- Never use pure Vitamin C serum with other exfoliators. Avoid using BHA (Salicylic acid and Betaine salicylate), AHA (Glycolic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Lactic acid, Malic Acid, Tartaric acid, Other Vitamin c salts), Skin Peeling Gels and Physical Exfoliators. Literally anything that says exfoliation. 😱
- Use it only at night.
- Use Sunblock in the morning.
- Induce Vitamin C serum very slowly in the routine. Start with once in a week, then twice in a week and increase frequency by every week, till the skin is adjusted for everyday use.
- For extremely sensitive skin, do a patch test for 2 days.
- For sensitive skin or for the beginners, mix 3-4 drops of vitamin c serum to a mild non-comedogenic moisturizer and then use it.
- Do not rub vitamin c serum, but pat gently till absorption.
- Products with active ingredient Niacinamide should be used with Vitamin C product only if they are meant to be used together or suggested by professionals.
Suggested use (Simple yet functional routine):
I was using it in my nighttime skincare routine: Klairs supple preparation facial Toner > Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop > Klairs freshly juiced vitamin E Mask
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop comes in a small sturdy transparent plastic (I am glad that it’s not glass) cylindrical bottle with a dropper! I love it’s simple and travel-friendly packaging! 😘
Expiry Period: Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop has an after opening expiry period of 12 months. But I will suggest to use up vitamin c serum as soon as possible, do not keep it in stand by for long.
“Whether opened or not, always store vitamin c serum in the refrigerator only. Vitamin C serum is very sensitive to heat and air. Even slight variation in room temperature can trigger oxidation in most stable serum. Mine almost started to oxidise, even though I didn’t open it and stored it in coldest and darkest part of my house! So, don’t experiment and just keep it in fridge after purchasing it”.
Quantity: Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop comes in 35 ml quantity!
(Few of the purchase option links included in the post, are my affiliate links, and can help me earn some commission. You don’t have to use the above-mentioned links, but if you do, this will help out my Blog!! Thank You!! 👍)
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop feels like a light oil but surprisingly, it hardly contains any oil (just contains lavender oil and orange oil).
Also, its mostly fragrance-free, only sometime when I really try to sniffle, I could identify some faint pungent smell! It is not bothersome! I am just describing it for the sake of my blog! 🙄
When first spread, it might have the tackiness of that of oil but once patted, it sets to moist hydrating finish without stickiness.
In the beginning, Whenever the serum touched my skin, there was a slight warm sensation for few minutes, and over the time I kinda became immune to it! 😑😕
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop does take time to sink in! But once it gets absorbed, there is no stickiness! So just keep patting till it’s absorbed!
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is the best Vitamin C serum, to begin with. Whenever I use it in the night, my skin glows the next morning!
I have been using it 5 times a week and my skin texture has definitely improved over time! I wish it could work for deep acne scars! Alas! (It never claimed though!!). I am updating the post after using it up fully, and my latest opinion differs quite a lot in terms of suitability with my dry, sensitive & acne-prone skin.
- Brighten up skin tone with the first use.
- It helps in removing superficial scarring.
It doesn’t irritate the skin. Suitable for sensitive skin.Actually, with daily usage it did make my skin dark, dull, and patchy. Safe to use every day.
- Relatively very stable formula
- Easily available.
Hydrating and Nonsticky.
- Suitable for combo-oily to
- Help reduce pore size. To a certain extent over time!!
- Paraben-free and Alcohol-Free.
- PEG Free.
- Vegan friendly.
- Improves overall skin texture.
- Contains peptides. Therefore, works on fine lines to a certain extend.
- Doesn’t work on deep acne scar.
- In a nutshell, as I used it more and more on a daily basis, my skin became badly dehydrated, dull, patchy, and weird overall. So, I stopped using it for a few weeks and again started with 1-2 times per week usage.
- Not very sensitive skin-friendly (from my experience) but is definitely beginners friendly. Hope this makes sense.
Do I recommend it? Yes! To all skin types! Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop should be your first Vitamin C serum, to begin with. How many times have I said that!! 🙄
Will I repurchase? Now I will not purchase it, as I am planning to increase the Vitamin C strength!
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is one of a kind of skin-brightening serum! There is no paralleled product that could deliver the same result without issues of skin sensitivity. Vitamin C serum can be a little difficult to store and use, but the results are guaranteed! For best result use it with Klairs Freshly juiced vitamin E mask! This is yet another of my favorite product from brand klairs!