Hello Readers!! For todays post I am gonna review Innisfree Bija Cica Balm. Many people ask me for a neutral, light, fragrance free, non-sensitizing moisturizer, so here is the post!! Unlike the name Innisfree Bija Cica Balm is a gel cream that’s targeted for sensitive, stressed out acne prone skin. 😌
Its star ingredients are assorted extraction of centella asiatica (my favourite thing) and the torreya seed oil (new to me!!). These ingredients work together to treat, soothes, rejuvenate and protect the skin. Now does it not sound interesting?? Keep reading!! 😬
Innisfree Bija Cica Balm is suitable for all skin types. Its particularly beneficial for sensitive and acne prone skin.
- Oily skin: Enjoy all year around except the monsoon.
- Normal to Combination skin: All season, but would need additional layer of another moisturizer during dry winter condition.
- Dry Skin: Best suited during Humid Summer and Monsoon.
Not Suitable for:
Anyone allergic to the ingredients used in it!!
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
For such a small tube, the Innisfree Bija Cica Balm consists of quite a lot of good ingredients (Highlighted in green):
- Squalane: aids skin hydration and heal irritated skin.
- Madecassoside (centella asiatica extract): Skin soothing, healing and anti-inflammatory benefit.
- Madecassic acid: anti-inflammatory benefit.
- Asiaticoside: anti-aging benefit.
- Asiatic acid: Collagen synthesis.
- Torreya nucifera seed oil: anti-inflammatory benefit, help in healing acne.
I think for such a long list of ingredients, having two basic common ( highlighted in red) ingredients can be neglected (but always go through ingredients carefully if you ever had a skin reaction to any commonly used ingredients). I use Cosdna Analysis, it’s so convenient.
The ones highlighted in blue are very common “jeju green complex” found in all Innisfree products and they all together promote skin health!!
How to use:
Innisfree Bija Cica Balm is a very basic skin soothing lightweight moisturizer suitable for all age, gender and. It can be used in many way:
- Use it alone as basic regular moisturizer.
- Layer it beneath a thick cream, sleeping mask or a Foundation.
- Suitable for day and night use
- Apply a thick layer at last step of skincare routine on irritated part of skin.
- Mix it up with little amount of Cosrx Centella Blemish cream and use it on entire face for intensive Skin healing.
- Also, it can be mixed with Klairs Blue cream for skin soothing and nourishing care.
- Use it with peeling treatment.
- Works well for over exfoliated skin.
Innisfree Bija Cica Balm comes in standard squeezy tube type packaging with roll on cap!!
Expiry Period: Innisfree Bija Cica Balm has an after opening expiry period of 12 months.
Quantity: Innisfree Bija Cica Balm comes in 40 ml quantity only.
Price: Innisfree Bija Cica Balm is available for $20 depending on the discount going on! I got mine my Nykaa.com (India only). It is fairly easily available on various korean website, I am mentioning few websites below:
Innisfree Bija Cica Balm has a gel cream like consistency, texture does feel like a vaseline but its absolutely non sticky. It has zero fragrance (sensitive skin will be thankful)! 😍
Innisfree Bija Cica Balm gets absorbed quickly, hydrating the skin from inside and leaving skin supple and soft!!
Firstly I will say that Innisfree Bija Cica Balm is the product, which I had already fallen in love by just using few samples (I actually had 30 single use samples, and by the time I used 5 I decided to go for full size). Also, by the time this post will go up, my innisfree cica balm will be in the empty stash! So my opinion penned down is a final one! I simply love this cream for everything it does!! This cream is yet another best pick from Innisfree after my winter essential Innisfree Olive Cream.
- Suitable for sensitive skin for all ages and gender.
- Calms down the irritated skin.
- When applied in thick layer, it acts as a cooling leave on mask (If I find a bigger tub of this cream, I am getting it!).
- Fragrance free.
- Paraben free.
- PEG Free.
- Very hydrating and lightly moisturizing.
- For the texture, its non sticky!
- Good Complementary product for exfoliating routine!
- Suitable for all season.
- Travel friendly.
- Easily available.
- Costly for its overall performance and quantity received.
- Not sufficiently moistersing during winter for normal to dry skin.
Do I recommend it? Yes!! YES!! It’s perfect for sensitive acne prone skin and is a must try cream from innisfree.
Will I repurchase? Yes!! It’s my skin saviour for monsoon season!! But I wish it was little less costly or came in bigger size!!
I would have given it full 5 star, but I refrained because of the overall performance (its kinda insufficient for normal to dry skin for extreme dry winter condition, because you don’t wanna feel striped even after spending money on a moisturiser) and mainly because of the price or else Innisfree Bija Cica Balm is just the best moisturizer .
Do share your opinion in the comment section, if you have used this product!! I don’t hear people talking about it!! 😉