Hello! Today I am going to review the I’m From Rice Serum. This serum is basically an antioxidant-rich and skin barrier-friendly product. So, in this Post, I am going to break down this serum and also share my 3 weeks of experience of using the product on my dry, sensitive & acne-prone skin.
I’m from Rice serum comes in sleek but very heavy glass packaging and has a pump kind of dispenser.
Expiry: Use within 12 months of opening.
Quantity: 30 ml
Price: Rs.2250 ($27)
- Global users can get the serum from Wishtrend^ (this website doesn’t ship to India).
- In India, available at skinstoryonline (Use code – SHELLEY – to get a discount on their website).
(Disclaimer 1/2 –
The product was kindly sent by the Indian Kbeauty website skinstory to share my honest opinion on it.
The link^ included is the affiliate link and you don’t have to use this link to purchase the products but if you do, I will earn a fraction of the commission from the sale made, which will eventually help in growing my blog. Thank you..!! ).
Consistency/ Texture /Absorbability:
I’m from Rice serum has a gel-cream kind of texture, reminds me of Cosrx oil-free lotion, just a little more lightweight than it. Once the serum is patted in, the skin feels soft and hydrated without stickiness.
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
This serum is Essential oil-free, carrier oil-free, and fragrance-free.
- Fermented Rice Germ Filtrate in 73% is the key ingredient of this serum. Rice extract helps in strengthening the skin barrier, is a good source of antioxidants and there helps in brightening skin.
- It also contains Niacinamide, I guess the % is less than 2%, so this is safe for even sensitive skin and dry skin. Honestly, my skin is not a fan of 10% Niacinamide. I prefer to use a lower % of Niacinamide.
- It contains Glutathione which is a naturally occurring antioxidant in our body. Being an antioxidant, it brightens skin by fighting free radical damage. So glutathione is completely safe to use unless you are not injecting it into your body and too without the guidance of the doctor.
- It also contains humectants / hydrating ingredients like “Sodium Hyaluronate” and “Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid”.
How to use:
I’m from Rice serum is a very gentle serum, it can be used daily, day & night by all skin types. This goes well will all the active based serums.
Cleanse > Toner > I’m from Rice Serum > moisturiser.
Skin Type suitability:
- Oily Skin: Best for wintertime, but in summer you can use it as a moisturizer.
- Combination skin: Best for all seasons, except for the monsoon.
- Normal & Dry Skin: Best for all seasons.
- It didn’t irritate my dry, sensitive & acne skin.
- Found it hydrating on my skin
- Regular usage improved my skin barrier, that is, my skin felt less dry than usual.
- Added the glow on my skin and made my skin overall healthy.
- Also, really good serum to combine with Vitamin C serum or Retinol serum to get an even better results from these two types of serums (PS- do not use Retinol and Vitamin c serum in the same routine, you might end up with sensitized skin).
In my opinion, if anyone with a damaged skin issue, dryness issue or need a gentle product that hydrates, moisturise, adds glow on skin, and makes your skin overall healthy, then this I’m from Rice serum is absolutely for you.
Disclaimer 2/2: I am not a dermatologist or a licensed aesthetician, but I do have sufficient experience and knowledge which I gained by testing multiple products and by self-exploration, based on that, I am sharing the information here and what works for me may not work the same way your skin.