Finally, in today’s post, I am reviewing a product that I bought in 2017 Wishtrend Black Friday sale. It is the I’m From Ginseng Serum. This is one of the most famous product from the brand “I’m From”. This Korean Skincare Brand is famous for using natural and proven skincare ingredients in high concentration. They have the following Lines:
- Honey- Love the Honey cream and it will be launched in an upgraded form.
- Ginseng – my most favourite line.
- Mugwort – I don’t understand this line much! Liked their cream though!
- Rice- I haven’t tried it.
- Vitamin Tree- the mask Didn’t work for me.
- Magnolia- I guess this line is discontinued for now.
- Clay- Not yet tried.
Anyways! The Kbeauty is famous particularly for 3 ingredients – Snail Mucin, Fermented ingredients and Ginseng. The ginseng is known as immunity-boosting, blood circulation improving; brain sharpening and energy providing Herb.
When used on the skin, it is claimed to help with the wrinkle improvement, Skin elasticity improvement, Brightening the skin tone, Reduce acne, Nourish and Repair skin. Wow! too many claims!
I’m From Ginseng Serum is suitable for all skin types and for all seasons, but if one happens to have very oily skin and is living in the hot and humid weather, this is not for you, save it for winters.
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
I must appreciate the brand for keeping this product almost-oil-free. It contains some of my favourite ingredients in the first half of the list:
- Red Ginseng Extract & Ginseng seed oil (7.98%) – They have used 6 years old ginseng root extract, which is a minimum requirement to harvest red ginseng. Ginseng is rich in anti-oxidants, vitamin & minerals, helps in improving skin elasticity, moisturises skin, maintains skin’s water-oil balance and brightens skin tone.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract – Hydrates skin, reduces acne and brightens skin.
- Licorice Root Extract– Calms irritated skin and brighten up skin tone.
- Glycerin – A great humectants, thus helps in keeping skin moist and soft.
How to use:
Use the I’m From Ginseng Serum after using a toner (suggested use) but I was using it after toner and essence at serum step. For better absorption, rub your palms and then wrap your fingers on the face for 20 secs. Do this 2-3 times!
I’m From Ginseng Serum comes in a heavy glass packaging with a glass dropper. I wish that this can be changed to a pump kind, as taking out the last few ml from the base is a bit of challenge with this dropper.
Expiry: 12 months after opening.
Quantity: 30 ml
Price: I bought it for $18 from Wishtrend.com (Now, Wishtrend doesn’t ship to India) during the Black Friday sale. You can also buy it from:
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance / Absorbability:
The consistency of the I’m From Ginseng Serum is more like a viscous bouncy liquid but without being heavy or sticky.
It does contain added fragrance, smells floral and bit bitter. The fragrance is pretty prominent and can linger around for some mins, even though I am sensitive to fragrance, my nose got used to it and I started liking it.
This serum is empty and I am pretty happy with its performance on my skin. This serum did help in overall skin condition improvement. I am someone who is not a fan of face oil and very very few face oils have suited my skin. So, I am always in search of products that would provide intense skin nourishment without any irritation or stickiness. This Ginseng Serum always added that healthy nourished skin glow, but I will warn you not to expect mind-blowing shocking results.
- It’s almost oil-free, contain only ginseng seed oil.
- Never irritated my dry, sensitive acne-prone skin. So this is suitable for all skin types.
- Kept my skin soft and moisturised. A very good alternative to face oils.
- Also made my skin hydrated and plump.
- Did brighten up my skin to some extent with regular usage, but don’t expect it to work on acne scars.
- No artificial colour added. The brown colour is from the ginseng.
- Best ginseng product for the price.
- Contains artificial fragrance. I wish there was no added scent.
- Might not wow you considering the hype of “ginseng benefit” for matured skin, especially in terms of wrinkle improvement.
- Also, I feel that ginseng as an ingredient didn’t really wow me for the acne issue.
Do I recommend it? Yes! Highly recommend it especially for winters.
Will I repurchase? Yes! But maybe in the future!