Hello Readers! It feels so good to write again on one of my favourite brand “Cosrx”. This time I am writing a review on “Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask“. This contains 87.26% (from Official website) of Propolis extract and also Natural Beeswax. This Mask is targeted more for providing intensive hydration with sufficient moisturization to make the skin supple and bright.
Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask is suitable mostly for Oily skin.
- Normal Skin and Combination Skin: Use it for Humid Summer and Monsoon.
- Dry Skin: Use it for Monsoon alone! Or just skip it!!
- Oily Skin: Can use it throughout the year!!
Not Suitable for:
Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask is irritant free, but if anyone is allergic to bees, consider trying a sample first! Or just skip the product!
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
Just like every other cosrx product, Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask has limited number of ingredients. The key ingredient “Propolis Extract” forms the major part of the ingredient list. This is what I keep talking about, how the marketed ingredient should be at least at first half of the list and when it’s the first one, what more can you ask for? 😍
Even though from Cosdna Analysis, all the ingredients are safe to use, I will still recommend to try out sample or do a patch test, in case you ever had an allergic reaction to Bees, Beeswax, Propolis or even honey!!
How to use:
Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask can be used Both Day and Night, and goes well with all the products. It can be used as
- A regular moisturizer for Day.
- A thick sleeping mask, at the last stage of a night time skincare routine.
- Or like a wipe off or washable mask. For this scoop out good quantity and apply evenly on face, let it work for 20-30 mins and then wipe off with soft clean cloth or if you feel iffy, you may rinse it off with water alone.
How I used it in my Night time skincare routine for dry sensitive skin:
- Natural Pacific Real Calendula Energy Toner (Review will be out very soon).
- Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop.
- Whamisa Organic Flower Eye Cream. (Gotta wait for the review)!!
- Cosrx Propolis Light Ampule.
- Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask
I hope this routine doesn’t look daunting!! Along with me or to be honest, my mom who has Oily Acne prone skin was using it more. She has very simplistic Night time routine:
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum (Gotta wait for review)
- Klairs Freshly juiced Vitamin Drop (Gotta wait for review)
- Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask
Little tip: Keep it in the refrigerator for 30 mins, to enjoy it has a cooling and soothing mask!!
Now why my mom was using it more!! Read along!! 🤓
The product I have reviewed here is in its old packaging! The latest one has a tube type packaging!
Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask comes in a plastic tub type packaging, with a metallic cap and a lid. It also, has a small plastic spatula to scoop out the product! But it’s of little use, as it doesn’t fit inside the lid and so, I lost it!! 😣
The good thing about the jar is that it’s really thick and opaque and it’s so compact that it can fit into any hand bag! I am so glad that they have repackaged it to tube type! 😗
Expiry Period: Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask has an after opening expiry period of 12 months.
Quantity: Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask comes in 50 ml. The renewed one comes in 60 ml quantity for same price!!
Price: Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask comes somewhere in between $10 to $18, depending on the discount! It’s very commonly available on many korean online store. I’m linking down few of the options below!
(Few of the purchase option links included in the post, are my affiliate links, and can help me earn some commission. You don’t have to use the above mentioned links, but if you do, this will help out my Blog!! Thank You!! 👍)
Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask looks like a thick jello inside the jar but it isn’t. It’s definitely thicker than regular Gel cream and add more moisture to skin, yet feels very light and hydrating on skin. This is why it’s the perfect moisturizer for the oily skin, specially during winter or dry summer!!
Glides smoothly on skin and it has zero fragrance! What more do we need??
When compared to other Gel cream, Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask takes a little extra time to get absorbed into the skin, but once it sinks in there is no stickiness!!
Now, I am coming to the point that why my mom was using it more than me! It was not moisturizing enough for my super dry skin in winter! No matter how much ever I apply , skin just felt dry after few hours! Then when I was using it during monsoon, it felt a little sticky! Yes even on my dry skin!
So, I passed it on to my mom!! Its perfectly working on her Oily skin! No stickiness or dryness! Her skin just felt hydrated and normal! She has been using it for fall and winter! I was happy that I didn’t waste the product on my skin type! The product is now an empty and accordingly is my final opinion!
- Hydrates skin very well.
- Better Moisturization than regular Gel Cream.
- Irritants Free.
- Alcohol Free
- Fragrance Free.
- Best mask/ moisturizer for oily skin, especially during winter.
- Makes skin soft and slightly bright!
- Easily Available.
- Not suitable for Dry skin!! It’s a No No!!
- Nothing ground breaking! If I had to use Propolis in my skincare routine, I would go for Cosrx Propolis light Ampule!
Do I recommend it? Yes! To all Oily skin and Combination Skin!
Will I repurchase? No! For my dry skin! I will not!
Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask is a good product! But I personally feel that the Cosrx Rice Mask gave better results. So, if I had to choose one, I would go for Cosrx Rice Mask! That’s why I gave it 3.5 stars. I am really happy that at least it didn’t react on my skin!
Also, please do take an interesting survey linked below or find it in the right corner of the page. The survey is just to know how much you are interested in K-Beauty! 😀