“By Wishtrend Sulfur 3% Clean Gel is a hydrating gel that helps with preventing acne, unclogging pores, and controlling existing breakouts. The ingredient, Collodial Sulfur penetrates pores to dry out the skin surface to absorb excess oil and dries out dead skin cells to unclog pores. Also, for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it clears the pores of bacteria which can cause acne and prevents the development of new bacteria on the skin.”
Now this is the description of the product on the official website and when I did a bit of a search on its fact, I found these facts to be true, but of course, the results could vary from person to person. If you want to know how it worked on my acne, read along to know it all.
By Wishtrend sulfur 3% Clean Gel is suitable for all skin types. My skin is dry, sensitive, and acne-prone had no problem with it.
Ingredients List and COSDNA Analysis:
The sulfur used in it is the key active ingredient to treat acne. Sulfur by virtue has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial property. Sulfur also has a property to control excessive sebum and this is why it is used in the acne-treatment product, but using it in controlled concentration is important as otherwise, it can cause dryness and skin peeling in very dry skin. I guess this is why By Wishtrend decided to make it in a spot treatment form rather than a serum or a cream.
How to use:
Use By Wishtrend sulfur 3% Clean Gel at the last step of skincare routine at night only on your acne such that your acne is fully covered with it and if you have oily or combination skin, you may apply it in a very thin layer in night routine on your certain oily patches, but don’t do this very often, as it might dry out your skin excessively.
By Wishtrend sulfur 3% Clean Gel comes in an easy to use tube packaging with a nozzle tip and a simple roll-on cap.
Expiry: 12 months after opening.
Quantity: 30 gm.
Price: This product was kindly sent by the Indian website beautybarn.in to share my unbiased honest review of it and it will soon be available for sale on beautybarn.in .So keep your eyes on their website. You can get the same at a price of $21 from Wishtrend.com (global users).
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance / Absorbability:
By Wishtrend sulfur 3%, Clean Gel has a yellowish colour, pasty yet smooth consistency, and doesn’t have any fragrance. Some people did complain about the weird prominent sulfur-like smell but to me, it smelled very neutral. This spot cream doesn’t get absorbed but instead it dries down on the skin and forms a protective adhesive cover on acne.
I have been using By Wishtrend sulfur 3% Clean Gel for almost 2 months. I have tested it on whiteheads, Papules, pustules, moderate cystic acne, and even on old cystic acne knot. This is how the gel works on my skin:
- By either drying up the surface acne.
- Or pulling up the trapped pus to the surface and then drying it up later.
- Or sometimes, for old cystic acne, which was just trapped at a deeper level in the skin, slowly dried down from within, without being pulled up to the surface.
- Depending on the size of the acne, it took almost 2 to 10 applications to see the acne go away fully.
However, I must share that when I used this sulfur gel continuously on a spot for 3 or more days, I did experience skin peeling and subtle redness at that spot but without any irritation, and skin at that spot turned to normal condition just after 2-3 days. I googled these symptoms and found that it’s pretty normal when high concentrated sulfur is used on the skin.
I must say I am in love with this spot treatment, and it helped me equally like that of the Jumiso AC cure spot treatment but without any stinging sensation. My first spot treatment was Cosrx Centella Blemish Cream, it was basic but helped so much with redness, irritated spot, and small surface acne. Within 3 years, I have used better and efficient spot treatments. Whenever I try the latest one, it’s always better than the former one. But if I had to pick 3 best spot treatments, they will be:
- Cosrx Centella Blemish Cream – to treat surface acne or calm pimple that are caused by product reaction.
- Jumiso AC cure spot cream – for all kinds of acne but comes along with a stinging sensation.
- By Wishtrend sulfur 3% Clean Gel – work amazingly on all kinds of acne, but takes a little extra time when compared to the Jumiso AC Spot Cream.
In case you are lost, below are the Pros and Cons of the By Wishtrend sulfur 3% Clean Gel:
- Helped with my all type of acne from a small zit to medium size cystic acne. It did calms and dried them all.
- Doesn’t sting the skin.
- Didn’t cause any irritation on my dry, sensitive & acne-prone skin.
- Essential oil Free.
- Prevents severe scar formation, but for deep acne scars, you will need a post-acne scar treatment product after this.
- For the light coloured acne scars, it helped a lot in fading the scars.
- Worth the money, this little tube, in my case I guess will last for some 8-10 months easily.
Do I recommend it? Yes highly recommend it.
Will I repurchase? Yes, I will, but I am sure this is gonna last long.
I just couldn’t get proper before-after pictures, even after multiple attempts. I will keep trying, and I will definitely share them on my Instagram Page and will update here too. Meantime, you may check out some of my Instagram posts where I have mentioned the Spot Treatments that I was using at that particular Time to either treat my acne or scars! Enjoy!