Hello Readers!! It’s been a great year 2017 for wishtrenders!! Why? So many new launches on wishtrend!! So far I have enjoyed all the launches! My most favourite one is klairs blue drop. I wonder what will be the fate of BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash? 🤔
From past 2-3 years, Enzyme Powder Wash have been on race with regular Liquid cleanser. Enzyme Powder Wash are considered superior in performance in terms of deep cleaning, yet are very gentle on skin. They are usually non striping and are travel friendly!!
BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash is a low Ph (5.5) cleanser and claims to reduce acne, blackheads, exfoliates, brightens skin tone and add moisture to skin!! Wooaahhh!! Is it just a cleanser?? 😳.
The newly launched BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash was sent to me for the reviewing purpose, and my opinion is solely based on my experience with this product and is unbiased! Yes! that my pledge for honesty!! ✍️
BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash is suitable for all skin types. Its specially curated for oily skin and acne prone skin!!
If you had been reading my blog, you must be familiar how dry my skin is!! I was actually nervous with this product! Most of the time anything labelled “Oily skin”, have caused havoc on my face!! 😰
Not Suitable for:
BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash might not be suitable for anyone allergic to the ingredients used in it!!
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash is a no nonsense product!! As seen from cosdna analysis, it is safe from acne triggering ingredients or any kind of skin irritants! It contains ingredients those are safe for skin!!
- Green Tea : My favourite ingredient!! Green tea is rich in antioxidants, Vitamins and amino acids; It calms skin, provide hydration and moisture!
- Baking Soda: This is first time I am using it in my skincare products, I have heard a lot that skincare junkie use it to deep cleanse and exfoliate skin, thus help in reducing blackheads!! I kinda refrain from it.
- Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate : Weak Acid Surfactants derived from coconut and skin moisturizing.
- Papain: This is also a mild exfoliator, remove dead skin and improves skin texture.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate : This is a Vitamin C Salt. It aids skin Exfoliation and is a good Antioxidant.
How to use:
BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash is to be used at the second step of Cleansing, right after the Oil based cleanser. This is a perfect water based cleanser for double cleansing method.
How to lather:
Now, this is a tricky part!! Since, we are not used to powder wash, it can get difficult to get a good foam. After failing for some 4 days, finally I realised that flooding the powder with water, is not the right way!!
- The right way is to wet the face and palm,
- then take the required quantity on one hand and rub rigorously with other, to dissolve the powder and enjoy the smooth foam.
- If additional water is required to foam up, add it only in drops!! (I know this sounds so tricky but it’s not).
I prefer smooth foam, but a slight granulated foam can also be used!!
Frequency of usage:
Since, BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash has an exfoliating property, I would recommend to slowly infuse into the skincare routine depending upon the skin type and sensitivity:
- Oily Skin: Suitable for Day and Night for all 7 days.
- Combination and Normal Skin: Suitable for Night for all 7 days. Can be used during morning time, as per skin tolerance.
- Dry Skin: Limit it to night time only for 3-4 times a week.
- Thin and sensitive skin: 2-3 times a week only, especially if using any other product with exfoliating property.
I prefer using it 3 times a week at night, as I am also using klairs Vitamin- C serum
Do not use it with Products like AHA/ BHA/ Vitamin-C / Clay Mask / Physical Exfoliators.
BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash comes in a big plastic cylindrical bottle! I really like the bottle finish and colour, but not the cap used!! It should have an opaque one with a roll on cap! This could have made it 100% spill proof!! This is not a big deal and It’s just my opinion.
Expiry Period: BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash has an after opening expiry period of 12 months.
Quantity: BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash comes in 70 gm quantity.
Price: BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash is exclusively available on Wishtrend.com for $22 , but since they are having a launch event till 16th Nov’2017 you can get the product at discounted price or purchase it with amazing duos and trios kit!!
(The purchase option link included in the post, is my affiliate link, and can help me earn some commission. You don’t have to use the above mentioned link, but if you do, this will help out my Blog!! Thank You!! 👍)
The powder is very finely granulated and the foam formed is not very dense but is very light and does what it is suppose it do! The fragrance of BY Wishtrend Green Tea and Enzyme Powder Wash is very mild and natural. The powder smells just like a Green Tea / Macha! But please don’t sniff too much!! 😆
I so glad that they sent me this product on right time, as I was anyway planning to try out an enzyme powder wash. I initially started with 3 times a week and then started using regularly as a night cleanser. No kidding!! This is a great cleanser!! It actually didn’t dry out my skin and this is made particularly for oily acne prone skin. I am surprised!! Also, I like it for a fact that it doesn’t contain Salicylic Acid in any form, that’s was my primary concern because many low ph cleanser does have it and my skin simply hates it. I have been using it for more than 2 weeks and accordingly is my review below:
- Gives squeaky clean feel after wash.
- Non-drying even for my very dry skin, skin just feel normal post cleansing, there is no painfully patchy feeling.
- Contains Green Tea extract, my favorite ingredient.
- Calms skin, it actually works on small zits. For severe acne please consult dermatologist.
- I think it controls Blackhead too! I am not very sure on this part!!
- Exfoliates mildly. This is perfect who doesn’t want to maintain a separate exfoliator.
- Mild Fragrance.
- Vegan friendly.
- Doesn’t contain harsh acids.
- Low Ph 5.5 (I havn’t tested this, but still I expect it to be below 7 even after mixing with water. Yes! Acidity can change in common environment when compared to Lab confined condition).
- SLS Free
- Alcohol free and Paraben Free.
- PEG Free ( Few are worried about this, but I am not!!).
- Travel Friendly. The content is so easily transferable!
- Foaming can be bit difficult. Practice will make it perfect. 😉
- Packaging could have be further compacted and the cap should have been opaque and of roll on type.
- Risk of over exfoliation for normal to dry skin with high sensitivity.
Do I recommend it? Yes! I do! For all skin types.
Will I repurchase? Yes! When I am done with all the cleansers and exfoliators I am having.
Man!! After such a long time I have written so much! This product totally worth it! Its unique and multitasking. Wishtrend is rocking this year! I highly recommend this product to all skin types. People who have used Enzyme washes, this is yet another good option for them!! 😉
Also, please do take an interesting survey linked below or find it in the right corner of the page. The survey is just to know how much you are interested in K-Beauty! 😀