If you are into the skincare and if you never have heard of Banila Co clean it zero Cleansing Balm, you must be living under the rock! In this post, I will be reviewing the Original Version in the brand new packaging with the new formula!
But what is a balm Cleanser (in general)? This is nothing but an oil-based cleanser, which when used:
- Helps in deep cleaning pores without causing dryness on the skin.
- It helps in getting rid of trapped fine dust & Pollution.
- Reduces excessive sebum in the pores.
- It helps in removing the waterproof or regular sunscreen. Yes, it’s important that you rinse the sunscreen at night.
- It helps in melting down the makeup without causing any kind of tugging on the skin.
- With regular usage, keeps skin healthy, smooth and reduces acne/ pimple.
Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm is suitable for all skin types.
Ingredients List and CosDNA Analysis:
Banila Co Clean it Zero Cleansing Balm has a pretty small ingredients list. In this new Formula, they have taken out all the potential bad ingredients and made it even more gentle. Also, I appreciate the fact that there is no essential oil in the new formulation.
How to use:
Read this part carefully. It’s important that you use a balm cleanser properly to see a significant improvement in your skin.
Melt the oil: Apply the balm cleanser on the dry skin directly and make sure your hands are also dry. On massaging this sherbet-like balm on dry skin, it turns into oil. Keep massaging for some 30 secs or till you see the makeup has completely melted down.
Emulsify the Oil by adding some water: With wet palms, massage the skin again for 30 sec. At this step, the oily solution turns into a milky consistency. This is important so that oil doesn’t leave behind much residue on the skin.
Rinse with plain water and follow up with your favourite Foaming Cleanser. The entire process of using the oil-based cleanser first and then using a water-based, foaming/gel cleanser next is called “Double Cleansing”.
I highly recommend that you make the “Double Cleansing” as an important part of your Night Routine. It has made a huge difference in my skin. There is just something very special and satisfying about using a balm cleanser. This is one of the steps that makes so excited about the night routine.
Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original variant comes in a beautiful soft pink tub and a roll-on cap, with an additional plastic lid on the inside, where one can keep the spatula provided with it.
Expiry: 12 months after opening.
Price: Approximately $20. It is available almost at every Korean product selling websites.
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance / Absorbability:
Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm has a sherbet-like texture and melts down to a lightweight oil. It does have a moderate fruity-sweet scent.
I have used the older version and I love this new version. The formula is mild, doesn’t sting my eyes which was my major problem with the old version. The tub is empty now and I so want to try all the variants. I think I should get the all four variant deluxe sample size kit from beautybarn or yesstyle in my next haul.
- Didn’t irritate my dry, sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Essential Oil Free.
- Doesn’t sting the eyes.
- Removes all kinds of makeup easily, even the waterproof ones.
- Doesn’t leave behind too much of oily residue. Oily skin people, you should definitely try this out or anyone, who hates greasy cleansing balms or oils.
- With this in routine, I see less pimple/acne.
- Also, in comparison to all the balm cleansers I have tried, this Banila co balm has a high tolerance against heat. Many tend to meltdown or turn soft.
- Easily available.
- Free from artificial Colour.
- Not a major con. But I wish that the Banila co come up with a sturdy spatula holder lid.
Do I recommend it? Yes, highly recommend it.
Will I repurchase? Not any time soon, as I want to try other Cleansing Balms.