Sometimes, a product needs a second chance to deliver its performance. So, I always give my products a second or sometime even a third chance too, before tossing them into a failed bucket. The Acwell Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner is one such kind of product that didn’t impress me much in the beginning and I kept it aside considering it a meh! not so exciting!
Acwell Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner claims to
- Brighten up the skin.
- Soothe the inflammation.
- Help in fading acne scars too.
- Smoothen out the skin.
- Hydrate and plump skin.
- Picks up any residual or impurities leftover post-double-cleansing.
Ohhh! This is a lot for a mere toner!
Acwell Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner is suitable for all skin types and for all season, but always check the ingredient list if it has any ingredient that might have reacted on your skin in the past.
Ingredient List and Cosdna Analysis:
Acwell Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner has Licorice Root Water and Extract as the main ingredient. This ingredient is very commonly used to fade scars as well as reduce inflammation on skin and within the body (do not ingest this toner, its for face only).
Also I am super happy that this doesn’t contain any essential oil except for bergamot fruit oil (which is fairly tolerated with most of the skin types). You can also check the ingredient list here at the Cosdna Analysis.
How to use:
This is a cleansing toner, which acts as a leave on cleansing water as well as the skin pH balancing toner.
Use this toner on a cotton puff after double cleansing and also take a little on your hand and pat it on your face. You can skip the essence in your routine.
Heimish All clean Balm > Huxley Cleansing Gel > Acwell Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner.
Ladies and gentlemen, if the famous son & park beauty water broke you out or is a little heavy on your pocket, this acwell toner should be your ultimate choice.
Acwell Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner comes in a brown plastic cylindrical bottle, with a flip on cap. A simple and functional packaging.
Expiry: 12 months from the date of opening.
Quantity: 150 ml
Price: I bought it for Rs. 1200 (Approx, bought long time back) from IG seller. You can also get it from following websites:
Consistency/ Texture / Fragrance/ Absorbability:
Acwell Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner has a watery consistency and is slightly brown in colour. It does have a moderate natural herbal bitter scent, which fades away after application. It sinks in immediately and makes skin irresistibly soft and dewy.
This has definitely acquired a position in the list of best toners. I am glad that I gave it a second chance and I am writing this review after almost finishing it, I am only left with some last 30 ml quantity. So, if you have not tried this product yet, you are missing out a fab Korean skincare product.
Also, I call this as a lazy person product. If you do not wear too much makeup, just use your cleanser > this acwell toner on a cotton puff > layer it again by dispensing some on your palm > use your moisturiser. Voila!
- Didn’t cause any breakout on my dry sensitive acne prone skin.
- Reduced the redness on skin that I had after a major acne breakout in march. (This has become an annual ritual of my skin. LOL!).
- Adds that honey glow to the skin. Trust me, no other product has done this. Have you see that golden glow sheen on honey, be prepared to see that after a month of usage. Only a healthy skin has this glassy / dewy / honey sheen.
- Moisturises the skin without any stickiness (at least not on my dry skin).
- It colossally brightens the skin and make skin look even toned. (This does not include pesky stubborn acne scars).
- Alcohol Free.
- Paraben Free.
- Vegan Friendly.
- Free from artificial colouring.
- Very Affordable product.
- It does pick up the residue on skin even after double cleansing.
- Does not contain exfoliating ingredient in it. (but I wonder why did they mention “has exfoliating property”).
- Smoothen out the skin. If you are suffering from clogged pores or small zits, do try this product, it should help. (but do check the ingredient list in case you are allergic to any ingredients used in it).
- Availability is an issue, not all Korean website carry it.
- Does not work for cystic acne or papules. This toner is more for the acne aftermath. For cystic acne you will need something more potent with acids in them. (For this check Troiareuke ACSEN TOC Toner – daily usage & By wishtrend 5% mandelic acid – weekly acid exfoliator.)
Do I recommend it? Yes! Absolutely yes! Hell Yes! This product performs better than many costly products I have used.
Will I repurchase it? Yes! Do I sound doubtful in any paragraph? This is my second-best choice after Troiareuke ACSEN TOC TONER.
View this post on Instagram
What products are you enjoying lately?😁 . Following are my favourite products of the month april and I am freaking out as they are hitting the base😭 . 🌸@huxley_korea secret of sahara anti gravity cream- a thick luxurious cream rich in antioxidants. This cream added the lost glow to my skin. Suitable for dry skin. Absolutely worth the hype!! Love it! – bought it from @stylekorean_global . 🌸@huxley_global Be clean be moist cleansing gel- a very mild gel cleanser that deep cleans my skin without causing any dryness. Normal to dry skin type. This is my second bottle- Bought from @cosmetic_jolse . 🌸@troiareuke_korea ACSEN RECOVERY CREAM- My forever favourite, helps in fading acne scars and brightens skin tone. Do I need to even talk more😂 Suitable for all skin types. Kindly gifted by @troiareuke_korea . 🌸@acwell_official Licorice Toner- A Cleansing toner, this is a must try product to add brightness and honey glow to skin. All skin type. – Bought from @myrabeautyy . Also available at @beautybarnindia (India only) and at @sokoglam . . . . . . #huxley #huxley_korea #troiareuke #acwell #licorice #centellaasiatica #cactusseedoil #stylekorean #jolse #yesstyle #beautybarnindia #sokoglam #kbeautyskincare #kbeautylover #kbeautyblogger #365skincare #maskmonday #rasianbeauty #skincareroutine #abbeatthealgorithm #monthlyfavorites #tiptuesday #acneprone #iloveskincare #asianskincare #abblogger #discoverunder5k #kbeautyindia